MD, DM, D.Sc, FRCP (Glasgow, Edinburg, London, Ireland), FASGE, FACG, MWGO
- Conferred Padma Shri Award in Medicine - Gastroenterology, by the Government of India in 2016.
- Awarded Master of World Gastroenterology Organization (MWGO), the highest capstone career award in Gastroenterology 2019. (Third Indian Gastroenterologist to receive this award).
- Invited TEDx Speaker, Birla Institute of Technology, Ranchi.
- Honoured with the Community Service Award by the American College of Gastroenterology, 2019. (First Indian and Non – American Gastroenterologist to receive this award).
- International Committee Member, American Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy (ASGE).
- Hon. National President, Indian Society of Gastroenterology (2016-2017) and Society of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy of India (2007-2008)
- Tamil Nadu Scientist Award by the Tamil Nadu State Council for Science & Technology.
- Best Outgoing Student, with 14 Gold medals to his credit, Madurai Medical College, Tamil Nadu, 1979.
- M.D., D.M., from PGIMER, Chandigarh.
- Served as faculty at Madras Medical College (1986- 1989).
- Started and Established the Dept. of Medical Gastroenterology at Coimbatore Medical College Hospital (1989 -96).
- Founder Chairman & Chief Interventional Gastroenterologist, MedIndia Hospitals, Nungambakkam, Chennai, since1996.
- Has performed over 23,500 complex Therapeutic Endoscopy procedures.
- Authored 14 Teaching CD-ROMs in G.I. Endoscopy for young aspirants in G.I. Endoscopy.
- Published Several Innovative techniques in G.I. Endoscopy in peer reviewed Journals.
- Trained over 750 doctors in GI Endoscopy from all over India and Abroad.
- He served as an expert and faculty in over 80 International Live Endoscopy Workshop held in India and all over the world.
- Organised 10 International, 15 National, 26 Regional conferences and 200 city weekly GE meetings.
- Has delivered 37 prestigious Orations and more than 500 invitational lectures in India and abroad.
- Conferred Fellowship of the Royal College of Physicians of Ireland, London, Edinburg and Glasgow.
- Awarded the prestigious Olympus J-Mitra Endoscopy and SISCO Pentax Oration Awards by Indian Society of Gastroenterology for his outstanding contributions in G.I. Endoscopy.
- D.Sc, The Tamil Nadu Dr. MGR Medical University, Chennai, Tamil Nadu.
- International Examiner for Royal College of Physician, U.K.(MRCP)
- Founding MedIndia Charitable Trust in 2007, he has organized over 100 free medical camps inclusive of 60 camps exclusively for visually & hearing impaired and physically challenged school students.
- Conceptualized and implemented 25 innovative medico social relief projects for the blind, deaf and dumb school students, which have won Three Tamil Nadu State awards and Two National Awards from the Hon’ble President of India.
- Renny Abraham Tanker Foundation Love for Service Award, by the Tanker Foundation, Chennai, 2019
- Happily married to Sharmila with two children - son Dr. Viveksandeep doing Gastroenterology Fellowship in USA and daughter Rashmica, a Professional Bharatnatyam dancer married to Mr. Sabarinath, a Software engineer.